10. Re-keying properties between tenants may NOT decrease your liability exposure.
9. Many pre-1978 properties can be managed without increased risk or cost.
8. Receive all rents before the 1st of the month every month.
7. Single Family Housing tenants make great on-site resident managers, if properly trained.
6. Accept the best qualified rental applicant without fear of violating Fair Housing laws.
5. Stage and show properties without lifting a finger.
4. Eliminate “make-ready” time and gain an additional month’s rent.
3. Create month to month rental contracts that lock in long-term occupancy.
2. Use master leases to increase income and control.
1. Eliminate security deposits to stay out of court and reduce tenant disputes.
Hassle Free Property management is the Landlord’s resource for managing houses and tenants. Learn more in our upcoming seminars.
Do you have any ideas for this list? Let us know in the comments below!